Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Fundraising for The 2010 Weekend To End Cancer


I was so excited to go to my mail box last night to find that the lip balms from Carvel Country Soap had arrived! I ordered 5 cherry, 5 raspberry and 5 strawberry lip balms to go with the new breast cancer awareness lip balm cozies I'm making with the handmade lampwork buttons from Brilliant Beads! Carvel Country Soap even made a custom label for our team - Groovy Boobie Girls! They're the perfect match for the cozies!

I'm selling the cozies for $15 (includes cozy, lip balm and shipping!) at both my iCraft and Etsy shops. So far I've only listed one in each but there are more to come.
I have enough buttons to make 20 cozies, although I will admit I finally kept one for myself! I didn't last year so this year I kept the first one I finished!
This is the one I kept for myself!
The proceeds from the sale of these lip balm cozies and lip balms are being donated to the Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation to support the continued research, education and patient care for women with breast and gynecological cancers. Our goal is to raise $20,000 and help provide hope.

No comments: