Thursday, July 31, 2008

Canadian Crafters Rock!

So I've been spreading the word that I have signed up for the Weekend to End Breast Cancer for next June. It's a 60km walk over 2 days to raise money for Breast Cancer Research. And in order to walk I have to raise a min of $2,000.

Besides soliciting my friends and family I have decided to crochet an afghan to raffle off. I also had the idea to make pink lip balm cozies that I could sell with all monies going towards the walk. I just needed to find some pink ribbon buttons. Gillian from Gillian Beads offered to give it and try. And oh my goodness. The buttons she has created are beautiful! I have only seen pictures and I'm anxiously awaiting for them to be finished and shipped so I can make some. Gorgeous.

Then Danielle from DZDesigns contacted me and offered to donate cards to sell with the proceeds going towards the walk! She has fantastic cards, I buy cards from her often! She made some breast cancer awareness cards that were even given out in the bags at What A Pair 6. A celebration of duets to benefit Breast Cancer Research (lots of celebs there!) So she's pretty amazing. Not only her work, but her generosity in supporting such a wonderful cause.

And can you believe PaisleyBaby has also offered to make card holders with some gorgeous breast cancer awareness fabric. Card holders to be used for business cards, gift cards or credit cards!

Canadian crafters are awesome and these three have been amazing. I just wanted to give a huge shout out to them for helping make this journey such a success.

No comments: