Monday, July 14, 2008

Labour of Hope Has Started

I've made the commitment to walk 60km and raise $2,000 for Breast Cancer. To help raise the money I thought I'd make a Ribbons of Hope Afghan and sell raffle tickets. Of course if anyone wants to make a donation of $2,000 (cdn) I would gladly make them this afghan AND you'd get a tax receipt! Let me know. I'll send you the link to make the online donation:) I'll even ship the afghan to you for free!



The afghan kit arrived Friday. Yay! I started Friday night. I was tired and wasn't counting properly so I had to rip out quite a bit. As of yesterday morning this was my progress on the afghan. It's coming along. It's going to be big! And it's sooo soft. Made from 100% acrylic.





The first picture shows you the full length of the afghan. Not a great picture, but it gives you an idea. The second picture shows a bit more of the detail. This is half of the pattern length.

1 comment:

~crazy-bliss.com~ said...

absolutely beautiful, loopy. it will be so, so nice when finished. can't wait to see that picture!